I was on call tonight...
I couldn't really probably call it a real on-call as I left the ward at about ten o'clock.hehe.to my defense,the ward was quiet,which was just how the doctors like it. not so much for us,the medical students.the more ppl get sick the better

, so we can do more stuff,take more histories and so on(how ironic is that?doctor-to-be actually wish for others ailment..)
According to the paeds consultant,we have just missed the peak of flu/broncholitis season,so there is not as much admissions.. hence the quieter wards

. it's been four days into paediatrics attachment and I was attached to the neonatal unit all week. There's nothing much to be done at the N N U.. Dr. T suggested that maybe I could help feed and change the babies... To confess,I'm not confident just yet to even hold the tiny premature babies.

what's more to feed them!!
I couldn't tell just yet whether I'll be interested to do paeds later on..but one thing I can tell is I like how approachable all the consultants are.. I'm always,always intimidated by consultants

, so I seem always to drop a few IQ points whenever I was asked questions as my mind get block up from the intimidation,the fear.. If that sentence even make sense to you.haha. ya know what I mean? But not with them, the paediatrics consultants.I even managed to ask 'intelligent' questions so to speak.haha.
I'll let you know in five weeks time whether I'll consider paediatrics as future career option.;)
Righty,gonna hit the sack.ward rounds early a.m tomorrow.
Posted with
LifeCast
0 speak(s) up:
Post a Comment